Thursday, November 3, 2011

HOME MADE: ANGRY BIRDS AND THE PIG

Last halloween, I challenged myself that I would make my son's costume the next Halloween. He was a very Handsome Scooby Doo, but draining the bank fifty bucks for something he would where one time! OUCH! Halloween was getting very expensive, not to mention all the treat bags and goodies for daycare AND preschool.

Michiah decided he wanted to be an Angry Bird for Halloween. Sure, I said, but truly I was thinking how the heck was I going to pull this one off. To stay with the same theme, we decided to dress our 6 month old daughter as the green pig from Angry Bird. I proscrastinated, but finally went to Joann Fabrics carrying a 40% off of one item coupon of course. :)

I grabbed a yard of red fleece, multiple peices of felt red thread, needles, elastic, tool, headband, and feathers. Total spent: $26. The joy of my son: Priceless!

I went home and my journey began. Little by little, I freehanded the whole costume. I found a light green sleeper on ebay to complete my daughters costume and the results:
My son had on a red "cape" that looked like wings. I was so excited to hear all the wonderful comments. So much so that I say bring on the challenge of next years costume!



No comments:

Post a Comment